Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mr. W goes to his first "Man Meeting"

This weekend is General Conference for our church. What is that? It's a twice a year meeting where the leaders of the church speak to the world to educate and edify anyone that wants to listen. (Directv users - it's channel 374 - byu tv or see LDS.ORG) It's a 2 day thing, and Saturday evenings there is a special meeting for the men, who are members of the priesthood, only. (Which, for the record, is just fine with me. I don't want another meeting to go to, nor do I want the priesthood. Plus, a transcript of the meeting is published in a magazine I can read later if I want.)

Today was extra special
, because while Mr. W will not be receiving the priesthood at this time, he was old enough to attend the meeting for the first time. When he got home he said "Mom, I'm a grown up now! I went to the meeting with Dad!" He and Mike were able to attend a pre-priesthood meeting pizza & rootbeer dinner with some friends of ours and their ward before the meeting. Tonight in Mr. W's prayer he said "Thank you Heavenly Father for letting me go to the man meeting." (I love that he called it that!) So, I wanted to share all this because I know that some of you were mighty curious if he would be attending, and if he did, how he would do in a 2 hour meeting shown on a movie screen broadcast from Salt Lake City. I guess he sat there and for the most part listened. Oddly, he didn't draw for the whole thing, and even SANG ALONG with the last 2 songs. (or tried to.) He came home very at peace and very calm. What a special night. We sure do love our 12 year old!

No comments: