Monday, October 6, 2008

Cruisin' in way more style than we deserve...

Have I told you that we're going on a cruise this month? OH MY GOODNESS! We are so excited! Mexico here we come! We're pulling the kids out of school for a week and taking a family trip! We'll be traveling with my folks and my sister's family - we went last year together to Mexico on the same ship. One of the sweetest things about last year's trip was that when we asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was they said "eating together." Glad we spent all that money to go to Mexico so they could enjoy what we do on holidays, birthday, many Sundays......actually they were probably meaning just how much time we all spent together on board, and usually if we were awake, someone was eating.

Today my Mom called and said that because of an amazing offer through Carnival this morning, we would be upgrading our rooms from this....(Which would have been quite lovely and we were gratefully looking forward to....)







to this! Wow! A Penthouse Suite! I can't believe we're going to have a private balcony, a walk in closet, and bubbly tub! The kids are going to use the sofa bed. We are soooooooooooooooo excited! It isn't even on a "public" floor - it takes a special key to get there. We don't leave for a few weeks, but I just wanted to share the excitement!


Sing with us! "Somewhere beyond the sea,
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing..."

4 comments:

Rebecca Kline said...

I can't wait to see the pictures and live vicariously through you!!! That room looks gorgeous!

Deb said...

Do you need any more "family" to come with you? I too will have to make myself content with living vicariously!

Anonymous said...

I forgot about your cruise plans and how at one point I was seriously thinking we may join you but then Tahiti happened and blew the vacation budget for the next year or two. Oh well. Have a blast and I'll be wishing I were out there with you on the Mexican seas.
~Auntie Kimber

Mikybarb said...

I wish we could take you all with us! We'll actually be able to walk around the bed - what will we do with all that space? *grin* Surely that would leave room for more family to be with us!!! It's funny how giddy we are about the whole thing. We keep just kind of giggling about it.

Kimber, that would have been so much fun! Maybe another time!

Thanks for writing everyone, your comments make this so much fun!
Love, Barb