Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Mr. Wonderful!

Greetings to Ya'll - Happy Fall!
Today is Mr. Wonderful's Birthday - he is now 12 years old. We had a party for him on Monday at Chuck E Cheese while Grandma M and Grandpa J were still in town with my folks and my sister's family. Mr. Wonderful was sooooo excited. We didn't tell him where we were going, he had to guess the whole way. It went like this: "Legoland?" No, "Disneyland?" No." California Adventure?" No. "Toys R US?" Mr. W, it's a place we eat pizza at. "Pizza Port?" (in Disneyland.) No. You don't need a pass or ticket to go there.... Anyway, after naming almost every place we've been, I gave another hint...you've only been the
re 2 times. (By then, we were getting pretty close.) Then he figured it out. "Chuck E Cheese?!!!!?" Yeah! You got it! He was sooooooo proud of himself. He said something like "I've been thinking as hard as I could and I kept going and I got it!" It was truly adorable how proud of himself he was. We had a great party, here's a shot afterwards, with his brother out in front. (That's a red noise maker in his mouth, he hasn't taken up smoking red stogies.)

Mr W. has been really worried about getting his Halloween costume for 2008 since, oh, I don't know, Nov 1st 2007? Maybe since the day before that? Anyway, it's been decided for months that he HAS to be Superman. So last night we went shopping for costumes. Mike is going to go as Indiana Jones, Squish is going to be Link from the Legend of Zelda video game series and I will most likely be going to pirate route again. Mr. W found a great Halloween store while he does Community based instruction through his school, and so we spent about 2 hours there yesterday. I know it's really early to be buying costumes, but I wanted to
be sure I got the right sizes and I'm glad I did because they weren't getting any more stock this year, so what was left was what they had. Do you think that Mr W likes his costume? I guess that made it worth the $54.99 they charged us for it.

Just to give Sir Squish a moment in the sun, I wanted to mention that yesterday Mike and I spent part of the afternoon at his school "bbq." I put it in quotes like that because it's a cafeteria hamburger or hot dog with cafeteria type side dishes like applesauce and warm choc. milk. YUM! But it was worth going, we got to see Squishy with his friends, and after lunch Mike went on the playground and played what the kids call "kickball" (this is where you kick the ball in the air and everyone tries to catch it without crashing into each other) with the 2nd graders. One impressed 2nd grader was overheard saying to another with awe in his voice "Wow, he (Mike) kicks the ball higher than you!" A proud moment for our family.

2 comments:

Rebecca Kline said...

Happy B-Day Mr. Wonderful. It sounds like it was a fantasticly fun day. Does the costume come with sewn in muscles or is he going to provide his own (ala the beach is over there :-} ). I'm so glad you are blogging. I love your fun and creative writing.

Mikybarb said...

Rebecca! I didn't know you had a blog too! Yours is sooooo cute!

David told me he wanted the costume with the muscles, but when we got to the store all they had were the verrrry thin fabric ones. (Plus I had to buy him a MAN size!) When I expressed to Mr W that I was sorry they didn't have the right one, he said "that's okay Mom! Look I'll use these!" and flexed for me. It was the best. I wish I had been recording him when he did it. I think I'm going to put sweats under it so it makes it a little less "clingy". (If ya know what I mean....)
Hope to see you next Friday!
Barb