Monday, October 6, 2008

A Fairly Fun Day in September

What is it about the Fair? Is it the sights of really cool prizes that can be won?




























Maybe it's spending time with friends and family....

Or the cool exhibits?

At the LA Fair one of the COOLEST things they had was a Christmas building with slushy ice for the kids to dig around and slip in, and ice skating rink, and a toboggan run! I wish I had captured Squishy's face when it went from "What am I doing up here?" to "This IS the best!!!!!!!!!!" I did catch the grimace at the end where he was
expecting to crash, not as cool, but kind of funny considering how happy he was going down. Mr. W loved it so much he kept getting back in line until I had to pull him out! It was incredibly hot that day, around 100 degrees so as soon as we got there we had to all get hats. Well, most of us. We spent the day with our friends from Utah, their brother and son Kelly, and Mike's folks from Texas. The above picture of Sir Squish making the slushy ball is one my very favorite of him of all time - Childhood boyishness captured for one brief fraction of a second. My favorite part of the fair? The Footsie Wootsie Machine and that my husband had lovingly packed his pockets with quarters for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to find and make the most out of amusement parks near you. Looks like great fun for the kids.
~Auntie Kimber

Lois Lane said...

We miss the OC fair. Your boys are getting so big!