Monday, October 20, 2008

Brick or Treat!

On Saturday, Oct 18th we took the boys to Legoland for the "Brick or Treat" Party. They had parts of the park all Halloween'd up, and there was "Brick or treating" along one short path.

Mr. W HAD to see the "Lost Temple" show, his favorite thing at Legoland. (He's shown with the cast.) He got to be in the show and that just made his day.

I really like seeing all the funny Lego builds they have around the park. (Like the fisherman with the fish on the ground encouraging the caught fish to jump out.) My biggest reason for wanting to go was because I wanted to see how they decorated for Halloween. I wasn't disappointed. They had in the "miniland" all kinds of fun surprises. One of the best was aliens landing in Las Vegas, complete with the Men in Black in the left corner. (You can click on the photos and they get larger.) Another I liked was Buffy the Vampire Slayer fighting a vampire in a graveyard, in the New Orleans area they had zombies coming out of graves, and some were holding teddy bears while still in the coffins. There were lots of houses that had trick or treaters, Halloween parties, and just a stray ghost or witch on top of a house. The Washington Monument even had a witch crashed into the side! Anyway, for those that live too far to go to Legoland, I wanted to share a bit of the silliness! Thanks for reading!
























































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikybarb,
I'm Lightkeeper who you left a comment who knows how long ago and we are distant cousins it would appear! Which of Dora's kids were your parents/grandparents????

I left my PO box address on your last message comment so you can write me and we can get in contact. We're off to Vermont tomorrow to do more family history and enjoy our 25th wedding anniversary so we're not taking the kids this time. We'll be back next week. I added two more posts just for you to my blog, so enjoy!

Legoland looks great! What a fun time you must have had!

Mikybarb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikybarb said...

Hi Lightkeeper! Wow! I am so glad you wrote! I have your address now and I will be sending you a letter tomorrow. I'm so excited by what you put on your blog for me! I am a descendant of Dora's daughter, (my grandmother) Marjorie Lindsey Stickley Buckley. My mother is Marjorie's only daughter. I'll go write back on your blog in case you don't see this. Thanks for writing!
Barbara