Thursday, January 8, 2009

Twilight

Have you read Twilight by Stephanie Meyer?
Oh, you don't read Vampire Romance novels? Yes, well, I didn't think that I would like them. In fact, they sounded really dumb. I felt the same way about the Harry Potter series. Then one day I saw my friend Linda reading Harry Potter and thought - hey, she's my Bishop's wife, if she's reading them they can't be as evil as everyone says they are. So, I decided to read them. Mike and I spent most of our last anniversary reading the last book in our hotel room. (or was that 2 years ago?) Anyway, Linda was reading Twilight, and I thought, well, I wasn't a really good judge of books when the Harry books came out, maybe I should try them. Then I had other friends suggest them. Then I got the first 2 for my birthday. Wow. I think I read all 4 books in about 5 days. The last 5 days of my kid's summer vacation. I didn't say I was a good Mom.... Anyway, since all of my posts tonight have had some kind of "I suggest" or "I recommend" type suggestion in them, here's this one. Twilight. Give it a try. Don't avoid it because someone else told you it was dumb, or because "everyone likes it" so you don't want to give it a shot. If you don't like it, then I apologize. But it is one of my current favorites. (PS: It's much cheaper at places like Sam's Club!!) The movie is okay, but read the book first. Please?

No comments: