Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Bithday Dad!

New Year's Day began like most, all of us a little tired, but ready to watch the Rose Parade. I don't think I've ever watched one all the way through. I've recorded the last 5 - 10 broadcasts, and every year about March I toss it, realizing that I'll never watch it. (And yet I record it every year...) This year, I recorded 2008, all the pre show stuff and the newest parade. Have I watched it? Well, let's just say that in March, if you have a hankering to watch the parade, let me know.

After the parade, we we
nt to Downtown Disney to see "The Tale of Desperaux." It was cute, and you gotta love hearing Hermione as the princess' voice. We took a family picture in front of a big tree that had in the area. I look like I have a Minnie Mouse bow in my hair. Nice huh? Yeah, One for the scrapbook. *grin* We briefly visited the Lego Store, then went to my folks place for Dad's birthday.

My dad is a new year's baby, and was written about in the paper the year he was born. Of course, in those days, they
gave out your address, when you were on vacation, and who was visiting who in the newspaper. What an interesting time that must have been.

Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!

No comments: