Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New 2009!

This year for New Year's Eve we had Mike's folks staying with us so we said goodbye to 2008 with a dinner with the missionaries (pizza, pasta, salad, and oddly I don't think we had jell-o. But we did have a big clock cake and a really good time.) After dinner we had a mini Christmas since Mike's folks had been visiting Mike's sister and her family. I got a foot rubbing device - should be great after the upcoming Scrapbook Expo! We rec'd some nice things from Mike's folks and from his sister's family. Thanks everyone! (The boys loved the glow sticks!!)

My photos are all in reverse order, I'm going to have to write myself a sticky note to remember to choose the first photo I want shown last. *sigh.* But, it's a fun photo anyway. The first one is a shot of some of the aftermath of our noise making, confetti popping, pan banging, and "HAPPY NEW YEAR" shouting at midnight, outside, in our front yard. Wow, it was a foggy night. (Which is why the photos are so spotted with the water from the air.)

What did we do after the pre
sents were opened, and everyone was fed? We watched Indiana Jones #1, and #2, and then right before the ball was re-dropped in Times Square we counted down. Then we ran outside and made lots of noise! Woo Hoo! Yes, we are party animals, and yes, we can organize events for you.

As an additional note, I ran into Sam's Club to buy something New Year's Eve day and while I was there I found a plastic cylinder that was filled with "poppers" - things that you pull and confetti or streamers pop out. It was $11 ish dollars, which seeme
d like a complete gouge for the poor parents that needed something at the last minute. I bought it, figuring I was saving myself some sanity points rather than going back to Walmart for more of the poppers they had sold there. (I'd already bought some, but I figured we needed more!) That tube of poppers was the coolest we have ever gotten. I would have bought 2 if I had known! So, (plug, plug) next year, if you are in the market, consider buying them. They had some big ones in there that were really cool. Who woulda thunk it?

I'd love to hear what you did for New Year's Eve!

No comments: