Sunday, January 18, 2009

3 Day Staycation

I love 3 day weekends. Wow. A whole extra day home. We were going to go out of town, and then realized that home was the place to be. We've been going and going and it was really nice to just stay home yesterday, goof off, and "be." We played video games, I re-read the 2nd Twilight series book, we napped, did some domestic stuff, Squish played his new favorite game "Club Penguin" with a dear friend from Utah over the phone, and then we all went out to Red Robin for dinner. It was fun because well, we love Red Robin. But while we were waiting to order some friends of ours came in and were seated next to us. Then later another family we knew from Squish's school came in. It was very small town-ish feeling. We walked around the mall after dinner, and Mr. W got a Indiana Jones calendar for half price. He's so excited! He wears Mike's Indy hat all the time, despite the fact that he has his own. I think he knows that Mike's is more authentic so that's the one he prefers. After dinner the boys set up a tent in our front bedroom and they "camped" with a small dvd player in the tent and video games. At midnight I had to tell them to turn it off, I know, I'm no fun. But 9am church comes waaaay to early. I'm not sure what tomorrow will hold. Maybe a day out, maybe another day in. Either way, I am really looking forward to not doing the daily drive to the schools. Woo Hoo!

No comments: