Sunday, December 21, 2008

One more reason why I love California




I've been wanting to go look at Christmas lights so Mike got us in the car on this Sunday evening and we went for a drive. We ended up in the Long Beach Belmont Shore area, and were delighted with the lighted trees on the water. They are so beautiful. We drove around and found a empty section of beach and got out and stuck our toes in the oh-so-cold sand. Squish showed off that he could still make a "sand-ball" even if there was no snow, and we really enjoyed driving around and enjoying the sights. We drove around the Naples area, but since Mr. W was in his robe and I in my flip flops and no coat we thought it wasn't really the night to go for a walk in the low 40 degree night. BRRR. Thank goodness for heaters in cars!

With money being what it is, we've been doing more "free" things - which if you know me, is hard to do because I'm already all about "the free." But it's been great focusing more on us rather than "the stuff". While I can look back on the month and think of a few things I would really have liked to have done, or gifts I would have liked to have given, it's been a great month.

No comments: