Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ahhh...Orange Julius


I don't know about you, but about this time of year I start trying to think of ways to cram a bit of extra vitamin C into my family. (I know many of you are in snow so this idea may be weird to you, but it's not all that cold here. But yeah, I acknowledge this is usually more of a summer thing.) All that aside *grin*, one way I get the vitamin C in is by making homemade Orange Julius drinks. We love them, and I wanted to share the recipe in case anyone wanted to try one. If you click on the following link you can see the "Top Secret Recipe's" version of 3 different Orange Julius drinks or you can try the one we make below that I got from someplace in 2000.

Homemade Orange Julius

Into a blender, place:
6 ounces O.J. Concentrate, (defrosted is easier to measure, but frozen is ok. I just dump in half of a can from Costco and save the other half for the next batch)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 ice cubes
blend and enjoy! It makes about 4 cups. YUMMMMM!

No comments: