Monday, December 1, 2008

Hoop It Up!

Last week Mr. Wonderful got to participate in a Special Olympics Basketball Tournament. He played for his middle school against other local middle school teams. Before the game he and other team members practiced with Ms. L who is just one of the nicest gals you could meet. There were two teams from our school. Mr. W's team won both games - they played 2 back to back games and boy, it was tough. I can't say that Mr. W made any of the baskets, or that he really touched the ball for more than a few seconds, but he did so well. I had no idea how good his team was. Before all the games started he wanted a picture of him and I so I held the camera out and shot one of us. For some reason it delighted him to no end that it came out with both of our heads and everytime he sees it he gives me a huge grin. I am so pleased with how hard he tried - he's growing up so fast! Great job sweetheart!

No comments: