Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Wendy & Dr. Seuss!

Yesterday was two very cool people's birthdays. My sister's and Dr. Seuss! While I am sure that she is thrilled to share her special day with the well known author, I thought I'd share a few photos with ya'll on how we celebrated...

We started with a party for Wendy on Sunday night...Rob and their son were out of town, so we celebrated with some yummers tacos and a cake that Cakes (shown in photo with her new smile) and my Mom baked. She had to work yesterday, so I didn't get to see her. But Wendy, I hope you had a great birthday! I love you Sis!

March 2nd, the special day, I got to go to Squish's school for a "Read your favorite Dr. Seuss book with your child" lunc
h. We read "I can read with my eyes shut!" with Gary & Squish. We even had a visit from the Cat in the Hat! I am really grateful that Squish inherited my love of reading. It's hard to get him to close books long enough to finish a task sometimes. I get impatient with him, but at the same time, I know I did the same thing as a kid, and it kind of makes me laugh.




No comments: