Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentine's Day

I wanted to call this post "I don't feel pathetic!" but, I went with Valentine's Day because it seemed a little more upbeat. Lemme 'splain....

Mike and I got my folks to watch our darling offspring for the night on the 13th so we could go out and have a Valentine's Day date. We had reservations for the Blue Bayou inside the Pirate ride at Disneyland. Excellent. By the time we actually got to Disneyland it was really cold and I wasn't looking forward to the tram ride. This nice employee snuck us onto the returning and empty special needs bus so we rode to the park like we were in our own special needs limo. When we arrived at the resturant we decided that we didn't actually want to pay that much for dinner, so (laughing at ourselves) went from place to place in Disneyland looking for something "good." (I hate looking for something good. You don't know what you want, you just know you want it to be....good.) Picture us. Valentine's date. No kids. Walking all over. Tummies growling. We ended up in Pizza Port and after waiting in the wretched huge line were about to get the pasta when I said "You know, we could just go to Red Robin." So, we left. We got to Red Robin, had a noisy dinner, and thought we'd try a movie. So did the rest of the town! Even the Fandango line was huge! We looked at each other, laughed, and agreed that we'd go home and use our new movie projector.

So, to sum up, while we could have eaten at Disneyland and hung out all night, we left and went to a "nicer" place. Then, when we could have gone to the movies until all hours, there was no rush to go home, we chose to leave. We were laughing that it was 9:30pm, I was already in bed, and Mike was setting up the movie projector in our room so we could watch "Mystery Men" (one of my favorites) on the wall. Mike said "you, know, if we could have seen ourselves 15 years ago tonight, we would have called ourselves pathetic!" I answered "But - I don't feel pathetic!" because oddly enough, we were both blissfully happy to just be. Be together, having fun. We laughed all over Disneyland, enjoyed the noisy dinner, and didn't feel like waiting in a long line just so we could say that we'd gone to the movies. He is a good man to be married to. He even gave me a Willow Tree Statue that I'd been wanting and a Hoops and Yoyo Valentine heart you can hang on a door knob that when you walk by talks to you and calls you cute! (I have a thing for Hoops and Yoyo.) All in all there was very little that could have been improved upon. A strange, but really nice night.

No comments: