Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twi-Addicts Alert! Fan-Pires gather....
















To watch Twilight! Last night Liz and I threw a Twilight Dvd release party!

It was so much fun! We (Mike, Me, and Kiddos) spent Saturday cleaning up the backyard. Then we tried to turn it into a cool movie spot. We had the "Welcome to Forks sign, a poster, and chalk on the driveway (courtesy of Squish.)

Then Mike spent all day building this amazing tarped pavilion. He hung the speakers up inside and put up some white lights.

We spent about 30 min all talking and watching our friends bring the most amazing desserts. There were beautiful cheese bread dishes, huge chocolate
dipped strawberries, two - BITE brownies, 7 layer dip, lots of Cullen Chips, fruit, Emmet's favorite rice crispy treats, Alice Oreo Balls, Blueberry muffins, candy, munchies, toffee, and PAPER CUT cakes (they were amazing - layers of chocolate, red velvet, and chocolate again - Angie is amazing!) I know I am forgetting something, I apologize. I wish I had taken more photos!!! The food was incredible! Wendy brought Fire and Ice roses for the tables and Liz displayed her Borders collectible dvd set. There were posters around and a full size popcorn maker (on loan from friends) that added to the movie feel. (Thanks Wendy for making all that popcorn!)

We got our chairs set up and started a trivia game. We separated into two teams, "Team Edward" and "
Team Jacob". (Most of Team Jacob complained, but well, we couldn't have two team Edwards!!) We gave those that came on time Twilight necklaces and the friends that answered the most questions in the game won these amazing bracelets that Liz and I got from everyone's newest best friend, Tammy. She sells them on Ebay under the name "*lady arwen*". If you click on her name it will take you to a completed listing of one of her bracelets and then you can click "view sellers other items" to see if she has any bracelets for sale, or contact her directly, tell her you know Barbara and ask her if she's selling any right now. She is just one of the nicest sellers on Ebay and she made all the jewelery we gave out at the party. She might even custom make something for you - but I highly, highly recommend her for Twilight saga related jewelry! (If the link doesn't work, search "Twilight Inspired Charm bracelet" and keep looking until you find *lady arwen* as the seller.

I just started uploading the photos and I'm realizing all the people I didn't get pictures of. Dang. Ashley took some fantastic photos, and I took some okay ones too, but I hope there are a few more pictures out there. (I know Liz has some...anyone else?)

There was somewhere between 27-30 people at the party, depending on what time you counted, but it was so fun! It was cold, but it was fun! Thank you to everyone that came and made it so fun, and thank you to the my honey for setting everything up! We had wanted to do this at midnight on Friday, when the dvd was first released, and I was so impressed that our numbers didn't change that much when we decided to not do it at o'dark thirty and have it at a less zombish time. Thanks everyone for coming!


1 comment:

The SoCal Jones' said...

You are so hilarious! It was an awesome party and I am glad you invited me.

I just discovered your blog through nate and briannes.

Love ya
Ang