Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is that special day that we honor womanhood and mothers. I just wanted to wish the women of the world a "Happy Mother's Day." There are so many women with and without children that do so much for others, I wish I could personally thank them.

I am grateful for my wonderful mother who taught me how much fun it is to be a mom, to my dear mother-in-law for raising my husband soooooo well, and for all of my youth leaders, teachers, and friends that have directed my path to today. I especially want to thank my Father in Heaven for blessing me with such wonderful children, even if they drive me crazy most of th
e time. *grin* I feel very blessed today to have my husband and children with me, and I am just loving this peaceful May day.

Friday night we went to the Seal Beach Pier and enjoyed all the repair work done on it. Then we had treats at Ruby's and sat outside while the chilly wind blew around us and people fished off the pier. We saw 3
different fishermen catch something, one caught a fish, one a crab, and one a ray. It was funny because Mike had to almost rescue them from the crab and the ray. The fishermen didn't know how to get 'em back in the ocean. Good thing Mike speaks Spanish! We spent Saturday at my folks place with Mike helping them replace the wood on their patio cover. It was about 10 hours worth of work, but when they were done lots had been accomplished. Today, Mother's day, we went to church after Mike made us apple cinnamon pancakes and it's just been a very restful day. Mike made a Mother's day cake for me (Lemon and Chocolate - YUMMY!) and we've been watching the Pirates of the Carribean 1, 2, and 3 all afternoon. Well, we're on #2 as I speak, but I wanted to take a quiet moment and blog.

I feel so very grateful to have had this day
to remember how much fun it is to be a mom. I hope all you moms out there are having a nice day too!

PS: Can you believe how tall my boys are? At 12 and 8 they are just so....tall! Woo! photos taken in our backyard after church by my sweetheart. Thanks hon!


2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

It is funny that you made that comment about your sons, becuz when I opened your blog that is exactly what I thought! I am glad to hear that you had such a great Mother's Day. You are an awesome mom, friend , & woman! Love ya!

Lightkeeper said...

Loved your post -- could not believe you like lemon and chocolate together. My dad added lemon to chocolate frosting on a cake he made for us girls to celebrate when our baby brother was born (that would be James). We hated it - but he loved it. Must be latent Sherwood genes!