Saturday, November 15, 2008

Living the Suite Life

Hello! We're back and I want to share photos, but I think that I'll post them in batches.

First up - the room! We were so excited! When you walk in the room, to the left is the walk in closet and to the right is the bathroom with the jacuzzi jet tub. Then as you walk in further, on the left is the vanity area and on the right is the king sized bed. ahhh. It had such a nice mattress. A little further in the room on the left was the TV on top of an enclosed but mirrored on the inside glasses area with wine glasses & champagne glasses (that we really enjoyed drinking the bathroom sink water in.) And below those was a hidden refrigerator. (It had a slider door to close it off from view.) A little further in the room was the sectional leather-ish couch that made out to a bed on the right with a coffee table and a end table, and on the left were 2 arm chairs and another little table. Through the door was our heaven - a balcony with 2 chairs and a good supply of neighboors all leaning over the railing to talk at odd hours of the night. *grin* This room almost saved our lives later in the week when we became ill and I sincerely felt that God had given us this room so we could survive our illnesses. If we had been in a dinky room with our kids sleeping above us with no place to "be" and no way to get fresh air I would have gone absolutely crazy. But I could walk out on the balcony and feel at peace, like it was ok and that our Father in Heaven knew what we needed. It became a spiritual experience for me to have that little connection to the rest of the world when I needed it the most. (But more about our cootie experience later!)











1 comment:

Rebecca Kline said...

My goodness that is a beautiful room. Must be nice :-)

I've never been on a cruise - so I'll just live vicariously through you and your family. The balcony must be wonderful to add natural light and air into the suite.